♥ Julie & Holly
1 chocolate fudge cake box mix
6 tsp. instant coffee crystals
Eggs, oil & water(per box directions)
1 can chocolate fudge frosting
2 Tbsp. peppermint coffee liqueur
OR Omit alcohol and add 3 drops peppermint extract.
2 cans chocolate fudge frosting
1 candy cane, crushed
White sparkling sugar
1. Add coffee crystals to water and oil in chocolate fudge box mix, but only bake for 18 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness; when it comes out clean, remove from oven. Let cool fully.
2. While cupcakes bake, prepare filling:
Mix peppermint coffee liqueur with 1 can chocolate fudge frosting. Place mixture in filling bag containing no tip. Set aside.
For a non-alcoholic version, omit the peppermint coffee liqueur and replace with 3 drops of peppermint extract.
3. Core cooled cupcakes. Cut a 1/2-inch hole from corner of filling bag and fill cupcakes.
4. Insert 1M tip into chosen pastry bag. Fill bag with chocolate frosting, cut opening and circle frost cupcakes.
5. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and white sparkling sugar.