Holly, have you ever been to Graceland? They'll be celebrating Elvis' birthday in Memphis with birthday cake. We're sharing our spin on his favorite sandwich with our Elvis Banana Bacon Stuffed Muffins. I was inspired with the banana-peanut butter combo from an episode of Cupcake Wars. We stuffed banana pudding into the center and topped it with an easy peanut butter drizzle. And everybody knows bacon makes it better! We'll probably have to chase this recipe with something healthier for this month of resolutions. ♥Julie
Nope ... never been to Graceland, but it would be super fun to go! Maybe we'll get an invitation if this muffin is a hit? It's really very tasty. I think the bacon (candied or not) is a perfect addition to this muffin. Enjoy! ♥Holly
Elvis Banana Bacon Stuffed Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
1 package banana nut muffin mix (we used Betty Crocker™ banana nut muffin mix)
1 pkg. Jell-O banana instant pudding mix
1/2 pkg. freeze dried banana slices (we got ours a Trader Joe's)
Candied bacon crumbles (recipe below)
1. Bake banana nut muffins according to box directions. Check for doneness 5 minutes early with toothpick. Once toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven and let cool fully.
2. While muffins bake, prepare filling & glaze:
Prepare pudding according to package instructions for pie filling (which makes a thicker pudding by eliminating 1/2 cup of milk).
3. Core muffins with apple corer and fill with banana cream pudding.
4. Hold muffin above the bowl containing peanut butter glaze. Using a fork, drizzle peanut butter glaze back and forth over the top of the muffin.
5. Prepare candied bacon garnish (directions below) or just use regular bacon that's well done. Once candied bacon has cooled, crumble or cut with scissors into bite size pieces, and sprinkle on muffin.
How to make candied bacon