Pumpkin Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes
1 package spice cake box mix
14 oz. can of pumpkin
2 cans cream cheese frosting
2 Tbsp. baking unsweetened cocoa
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
Demerara raw sugar
1. Empty the dry Spice box mix into a bowl and add one can of pumpkin puree. Mix together completely. Do not add any of the ingredients listed on the box. The batter will be very thick. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, with a mixer, cream together cocoa, cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and salt. Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
3. Scoop cupcake batter into cupcake liners using an ice cream scoop. (Try to make nicely rounded scoops as this batter is so thick it will come out of the oven looking almost exactly as it does before it goes in.) Make a deep well in the center of scooped batter with the back of a spoon sprayed with cooking spray. Then fill centers with about a teaspoon of chocolate cream cheese filling mixture.
4. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes. A toothpick test on this cupcake will not come out clean at 15 minutes but if you leave the cupcakes in for longer they will burn. Remove them from the oven and leave them in the pan for about 5 minutes to let them finish cooking. After that, you can remove them and let them cool on the counter or a cooling rack for about 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Once the cupcakes are cool, fill a pastry bag containing a 1M tip with cream cheese frosting from a can. Circle frost the cupcakes.
6. Sprinkle with Demerara sugar and/or chocolate jimmies.